You recently helped us develop our four year Council Plan for the years 2017-2021. This Plan directs how we serve and support our community.
To make sure we are responsive to community needs, actions within the plan are updated annually.
Year 1 of the Plan is well underway, and you can see some of the highlights below. It is now time to identify how we deliver the second year of the Plan.
Please let us know your thoughts on how you think we have gone in 2017/2018 and what you think we need to do in 2018/2019.
There are many areas of work Council undertakes to make Banyule a great place to live, work and play.
To guide our planning for how we do this, we have a Council Plan Strategic Framework 2017-2021. Some of the key features of the framework are the Vision, Objectives and Key Directions.
These features stay the same for the four years the Council Plan covers. What changes each year, are the actions that sit under each of the key directions. The responses you provide to the below survey will help to shape what actions go into the Council Plan 2017-2021 (Year 2).
Banyule, a green, sustainable and vibrant place for a healthy, connected and inclusive community.
- People - Strong, Healthy and Inclusive Communities
- Planet - Environmental Sustainability
- Place - Great Places and Spaces
- Participation - Engagement and Advocacy
- Performance - Efficiency and Good Governance
The responses you provide to the survey below will help to shape what we need to consider in the second year of delivering the Plan.
Have your say
Have Your Say
From your experience, please let us know how you think we have gone at delivering outcomes for the community during 2017/2018 and what we need to consider for the year ahead.
Simply complete the below survey and don't forget to enter your details to go into the draw to win a $50 gift voucher.
2017 Selected Highlights
Lots of great work has taken place over the past year, and here is a selection of highlights under each of our Objectives:
- Aged & Disability Services maintained Rainbow Tick Accreditation
- Hosting of Sorry Day & Reconciliation Week Events
- Development of renewed Arts Plan & Recreation Plan
- Facilitation of community festival such as: Malahang Community Festival, Kids Arty Farty Festival including the award winning Sensory Friendly Festivals initiative, Youth Fest, Seniors Festival, Carols By Candlelight, Boulevard Lights, Movies on the Move & Children's Week Program
- Facilitation of: State of Being Art Exhibition, Urban Lightbox Galleries Project, 2017 Banyule Awards for Works on Paper & Pinpoint Program: Art in Public Spaces initiative
- Banyule Best Business Awards 2017
- Volunteer & Citizen of Year Awards 2017
- Provision of over 100 quality services including: Aged & Disability Services, Maternal & Child Health, Youth Services, Public Health & Immunisation, Pre-school placements & enrolments, Waste & Recycling, Libraries & Neighbourhood Houses, Leisure & Culture Programs
- Installation of Council's first Solar Photovoltaic (PV) & Battery System at Simms Road Oval Pavilion, Montmorency
- Ecological & Conservation Assessment of Warringal Parklands & Banyule Flats
- Development of a Dumped Rubbish & Litter Plan
- 2017 Home Harvest FEASTival
- Delivering reliable waste management services with a focus on diverting waste from landfill
- Community education programs about environmental sustainability (eg. Sustainable Homes and Community Programs, Spring Outdoors, wildlife Corridor program and Positive Charge)
- Ivanhoe Library & Cultural Hub Concept Plans & Community Consultation
- Collaboration on railway level crossing removal at Lower Plenty Road & Rosanna Station & duplication of rail between Heidelberg & Rosanna
- Allocation of $25.7 million to maintain & upgrade community facilities and infrastructure
- Development of Master Plans for Burgundy & Powlett Reserves, Heidelberg & Petrie Park & Rattray Reserve, Montmorency
- Launch of a new $1.35 million pavilion at NJ Telfer Reserve, Bundoora
- Ramu Reserve upgrades in Heidelberg West
- New fenced off-lead dog area at Ford Park, Ivanhoe
- Continued to upgrade Banyule's shared trail network which extends for more than 37 kilometers
- Renewal of the Banyule Inclusion, Access & Equity Framework and: Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander Plan, LGBTI Plan, Disability Plan & Multicultural Plan
- Establishment of an Age Friendly City Advisory Committee
- North East Link consultation & advocacy
- Marriage equality advocacy
- Coordination of Council's advisory committees (eg. Inclusion Access & Equity Committees, Arts & Cultural Advisory Group, Banyule Environment Advisory Committee (BEAC) and Child, Youth & Family Committee
- Opening of the new Banyule Council Civic Office, Greensborough, to house 320 staff across two floors with a Customer Service Center and extensive community facilities for public use
- Developed and commenced implementation of the Council Plan 2017-2021, integrating the Municipal Health & Wellbeing Plan 2017-2021
- Adoption of the Council Budget 2017/2018 to deliver on the Council Plan, maintain services, invest in infrastructure, and deliver priority projects and initiatives that benefit our community
- Drafting of the Fees & Charges Schedule & Rating Strategy for 2018/2019
- Commenced development of a new Banyule Customer Service Charter