Improving Ford Park Dog Park
The upgrade and improvement works to the fenced dog park will provide additional features for dog exercise and agility along with improved drainage and areas for seating. The project aims to deliver an upgrade that is informed by the project analysis, which considers site drainage, lighting, park furniture, budgetary constraints and aligns with the Public Open Space Plan 2016-2031.
Project scope of works includes:
- improved drainage
- improved areas for seating
- a picnic setting
- gravel top-up areas
- an additional dog waste bin with improved locations
- additional features for dog exercise and agility
- tree planting and garden beds.
We are excited to continue to provide a high-quality experience.
About the space
Ford Park is located at 244 Banksia Street, Bellfield and forms part of the 9-hectare sports and recreational hub. The recreational hub includes a children’s playground, two picnic areas with barbecues, a ride and scoot track, a multipurpose casual play court, accessible paths, seating, landscaped surrounds and a dog park.
The dog park currently includes:
- a perimeter fence with an entry / exit point at either end.
- a centrally located access path leading through the park
- drinking fountains and dog bowls
- an open central exercise area
- embankments for varied play and exercise
- large trees for shade.
Thanks for your feedback on the proposed upgrade works for Ford Park Dog Park. Feedback is now closed.