We would like your help to improve open space along the rail line to encourage walking and cycling as a preferred mode of travel and strengthen amenity and aesthetic of the space.
Walking and cycling:
- reduces traffic
- reduces greenhouse emissions and environmental impacts
- increases community safety and cohesion
- improves community health and wellbeing
- supports local business.
By making improvements, we want to:
- make walking and cycling quick, convenient and easy
- increase connection and reduce delays
- develop a more complete network
- make walking and cycling inviting, interesting and pleasurable
- improve pedestrian and personal security
- strengthen signs and directions to help people find their way.
The Hurstbridge Feasibility Study also presents opportunities to improve the environment, landscaping and open space along the rail line. These improvements will be guided by three key design principals:
- Ecology - this principle focusses on biodiversity, habitat and visual improvement through the many aspects of landscape and open space design.
- Amenity - concentrating on local connectivity and access, cyclist facilities and engagement with community, this principle aims to improve the user experience though improved infrastructure.
- Safety - providing a safe environment for pedestrians and cyclists is key to success. This principle concentrates on clear open spaces, traffic speed reduction treatments and improved lighting.
Tell us why open space and active transport are important to you and show us where you would like improvements made.
Tell us what you think
Thank you for sharing your thoughts on how to improve open space and active transport - walking and cycling - along the Hurstbridge rail line. Your comments will help us develop final recommendations for the Hurstbridge Rail Corridor Feasibility Study. Feedback is now closed.
Please review the opportunities, issues and options for potential cycling treatments for the area between Kalparrin Gardens and Greensborough Station and share your thoughts by answering the questions or dropping a pin on the social map below.