During January 2022, free community activities were offered over a 20-days at Olympic Village, Heidelberg West to test re-development ideas proposed by the Co-design Team and community through Shaping Banyule and consultation feedback.
Over the 20-days, we offered 60 activities, including health and fitness classes, outdoor sports, crafts, music, STEM, water play, gardening and cooking.
Over 350 people attended these activities, with some attending multiple activities, while others watched from the sidelines.
From the Olympic Leisure Centre activation activities; the community told us:
- They came to have fun, participate and socialise.
- They enjoyed the hands on, practical activities and the friendly, relaxed community feel, also commenting on missing local activities due to COVID.
- They want to keep the aquatics as a feature of the new facility.
- They want indoor and outdoor casual, local activity and program spaces.
- They want child friendly spaces, youth spaces and community gardens.
For more information check out the OLC Activations Findings Report