In May-June 2020, we conducted an Expression of Interest (EOI) process for the sale of Council owned land in Bellfield. Following assessment of submissions, we shortlisted respondents, based on evaluation criteria agreed by Council. Council decided at its meeting on 17 August 2020 to progress to the next phase of sale of the land which seeks to secure a developer through a Request for Proposal (RFP) process.
What we are doing
The purpose of the RFP is to:
- provide sufficient details to the shortlisted respondents to further assess the site and submit an informed proposal;
- allow the shortlisted respondents to elaborate on and refine their EOI proposal for development and purchase of the land;
- ensure that respondents are well prepared and are in a position to put forward their best financial offer for the land;
- enable the selection of a well-credentialed developer, with the required experience and capacity to deliver an innovative, high quality design which provides a range and mix of housing outcomes as envisaged in the Bellfield Urban Design Guidelines (UDG) 2020 and adhere to the requirements proposed under PSA C153bny; and
- to permit Council to consider and assess any other pertinent issues in relation to the sale and development of the land.