What we are doing
We have been working with a range of stakeholders to develop an Ivanhoe Parking Plan.
The Plan is designed to meet the needs of local residents, traders and visitors while also supporting the social, environmental and economic needs of our thriving community.
Ivanhoe is experiencing significant growth in residential population, along with an increase in multi-unit housing particularly, within the Ivanhoe Activity Centre. Additionally, there is an increasing café and dining presence, two supermarkets, a large and developing civic centre including a library, schools and two train stations. Parking provisions needs to be carefully managed to ensure that Ivanhoe remains a great place to live, a viable place to run a business and an attractive destination for visitors into the future.
To make sure we capture the views of the community we have completed a Consultation Summary Paper which is available to download below. A set of final recommendations has been developed and agreed on Council at its public meeting on 30 April 2018.
The final plan with its revised recommendations is attached in the document library. This plan will be considered for adoption at Councils meeting of 17 September 2018.
Key facts & stats
- There are around 2000 car parking spaces in the commercial centre of the Ivanhoe Activity Centre
- Of these 30% are unrestricted or have a long stay parking restriction (over 4P)
- There are around 140 paid parking spaces
- The highest demand for parking occurs around the Ivanhoe Railway Station and along Upper Heidelberg Road through the shopping strip
- In the residential areas surrounding the Ivanhoe Activity Centre, the majority of parking is unrestricted.
Share your views
This consultation is now closed. Thank you to everyone who provided feedback. We have completed a Consultation Summary Paper which documents the feedback response.