The design for Fotini Gardens has been finalised and construction will start soon!
We consulted with the community and received feedback from seven community members for Fotini Gardens through an online survey, phone calls and emails directly to our Open Space Planning Team. We used your comments to make changes to the proposed designs so that these playgrounds would better serve the community.
We heard what you said and some of the changes include:
- The double swing was replaced with a triple swing, with the inclusion of a basket swing.
- The ladder was replaced with safety stairs: stairs to the slide are now easy to access by toddlers.
- Inclusion of a two seat totter.
Works at Fotini Gardens will start on 18 November 2019.
About the space
Fotini Gardens Reserve is a small reserve located in Bundoora that is popular with families. The reserve offers a BBQ, two picnic tables, four seats and a local playground. This playground has served the community well for over 15 years and is now scheduled for renewal. We would like your feedback on the proposed designs so we can continue to provide a high quality playground experience.
Improving your playground
We are planning to replace the existing playground with new and improved equipment to meet your needs.
Proposed improvements include:
- New playground
- One double swing unit with a strap seat and a toddler seat
- One spring rocker
- One spinner
- One multi play area with a slide, rope climber, monkey bars and rope scramble
- Reshaping of the playground area, retaining its current location but increasing its size.
- Improved accessibility within and around the playround.
- Upgrade of adjacent BBQ/picnic area
- New connecting path from playground to BBQ/picnic area.
Have a look at the proposed designs and let us know what you think.
Have your say
Thank you for your feedback on the design concept of the proposed playground at Fotini Gardens Reserve. Submission have now closed.