Since late November 2020, we have been engaging with the community through the Banyule 2041 project to better understand what you value and what your aspirations are for the future. We have used what we have heard, along with our existing plans and priorities to prepare a Proposed Budget 2021 - 2025 and a proposed Revenue and Rating Plan 2021 - 2025. These documents outline how Council is delivering for our community while maintaining the financial sustainability of Council.
The 2021 - 2025 Budget outlines 4 years of financial information as well as specific initiatives, projects and fee schedules for the 2021/22 financial year.
- Continuing our award-winning Inclusive Employment and social enterprise programs. These, along with our capital program are helping to create more than 400 local jobs in the municipality and transforming lives by providing opportunities to learn skills, gain experience and improve financial security.
- We continue to pay down gross debt and will pay down a further $10.26 million in 2021/22. At the same time, we are rolling out a substantial $63.13 million capital works and property program to improve community facilities and infrastructure with $11.75 million for the Bellfield Community Hub, $10.16 million to upgrade existing buildings and $16.74 million for upgrading core infrastructure like roads, footpaths and bridges.
- We are taking major steps towards being a carbon neutral organisation by 2028 and encouraging the community to join us to reach that target by 2040. To get there, we are dedicating $2.04 million in 2021/2022 for our ongoing Climate Action Package. We are also striving towards zero waste and are pleased to announce we are preparing for the introduction of a food organics and garden organics (FOGO) service in 2022/2023.
The Revenue and Rating Plan 2021 - 2025 outlines our proposed rates, and principles for setting fees and charges over the next 4 years.
Have your say
Your feedback is important. We encourage you to read both documents and provide feedback.
- Submissions close on 11 May 2021.
- Submissions will be heard at the Council meeting on 26 May 2021 before the final consideration and adoption of the Budget and Revenue and Rating Plan in June 2021.
The proposed Budget and Revenue and Rating Plan are based on the model used by Local Government Victoria and comply with Section 94 and 93 of the Local Government Act 2020.