The Community Infrastructure Plan was adopted by Council on 26 June 2023 with two amendments.
- 4. Amend the South Precinct short term action plan to include:
(a) Explore opportunities for community use of sports pavilions at Chelsworth Park Pavilion outside of non-peak sporting club use times.
(b) Advocate for improved accessibility of Ivanhoe Rail Station as identified in Banyule Transport Advocacy Projects List (2022).
The Implementation Plan and Consultation Report were adopted with no resolutions.
Thank you for your feedback on the Community Infrastructure Plan.
Community Infrastructure in Banyule
Council owns and maintains community buildings valued at $163.1 million.
A Community Infrastructure Plan has been developed to help ensure our buildings meet current and future needs.
The Plan includes actions to manage investment and unlock buildings' potential for different uses. It also explores partnerships with non-Council building owners to provide access to underutilised spaces.
Our community buildings include:
- Kindergartens, child care and maternal and child health centres
- Youth centres
- Sports pavilions
- Community halls/hubs and multi-purpose rooms
- Community and neighbourhood houses
- Arts and culture spaces
From December 2022 to February 2023, we asked you to tell us about your experience using Council buildings, what could make things better and for overall feedback on the Plan.
There were a few ways to get involved:
- An online survey on Shaping Banyule, (which consisted of a general city-wide survey and seven precinct surveys)
- Targeted youth survey through Banyule Youth Services
- Provide feedback via email/post
- Provide feedback through in-person meetings with community service and volunteer groups.