What next for East Ivanhoe Village?
Based on what was heard through the online survey in 2021 (see below), and as part of our COVID recovery, Banyule City Council has secured State Government funding for the activation of our places and spaces. There is now an opportunity to trial and make permanent in Burton Crescent some of the ideas you told us during early stages of this consultation.
A revitalised shopping strip
Over the next 12 months, we are planning and designing improvements to the East Ivanhoe Village. We want our public places to be welcoming and accessible, help build community connections, look great and encourage the community to shop local.
We are looking at things like new crossing points, access, footpaths, outdoor dining, seating and opportunities for more greenery and trees.
We'd love to hear your ideas to make sure the upgrades meet your needs and reflect your vision for East Ivanhoe Village.
Stay up to date on this project, click on the ‘follow’ button at the top of this page.
Project Reference Group
From October to November 2021, we invited interested community members and traders to participate in a small but informed and relatively informal Project Reference Group (PRG) for East Ivanhoe Village. Eight places have been filled, representing a broad cross section of the community.
Membership categories include:
- Banyule Trader Association, Business Association or Body Corporate (Centre Manager or Committee Member/President)
- Banyule business operator and/or owner proposed
- Interest and sporting group member (eg. cycling, sporting, community interest group)
- School Community – PTA member and a member of staff
- East Ivanhoe resident
The PRG has:
- helped develop an understanding of the current useability and function of the public realm at East Ivanhoe Village, through the eyes of those who use it – what works, what doesn’t
- helped shape public consultation activities and consider feedback that emerges from it
- identified possible areas for improvement or focus
- provided feedback and ideas to concept designs and inform project
- identified priorities for detailed designs